Pineapple Dragon Stir Fry
|I actually remembered to take a pic this time!!! 🙂|
-2 C white rice
-1 Can [20 oz] pineapple chunks
-1/2 C water
-1/3 C plus 1 Tbsp soy sauce, divided
-2 Tbsp cornstarch, divided
-3/4 to 1 tsp crushed red pepper, optional
-3/4 tsp garlic powder
-1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
-2 Tbsp vegetable oil
-2 C broccoli florets, blanched
-3/4 C red bell pepper chunks
-1 small carrot, thinly sliced diagonally
-1 tsp minced fresh ginger
1. Prepare rice according to package directions.
2. Drain pineapple; reserving 1/4 C juice.
3. Stir together, in small bowl, reserved juice, water, 1/3 C soy sauce, 1 Tbsp cornstarch, red pepper [if desired] and garlic powder; set aside.
4. Combine chicken with remaining 1 Tbsp each cornstarch and soy sauce, in medium bowl. Heat oil in wok or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and stir fry 4-5 min or until lightly browned; remove.
5. Add broccoli, bell pepper, carrot and ginger; stir fry 4 min or until just tender. Add reserved soy sauce mixture and chicken; cook, stirring 2-3 min or until sauce boils and thickens.
6. Stir in pineapple chunks and heat through. Serve over rice.
This recipe was easy and it was super tasty. I did not use ginger or crushed red pepper and just realized that I never removed the chicken after browning it and it was still super good. I doubt that has a huge effect on things anyway… but next time I’ll try removing it as stated. I also used a combination of brown and white rice. Also, instead of broccoli florets, I used asparagus! I just had it as leftovers today, heated up it’s still very tasty!!!! I originally got this recipe from my Mother, who found it on an ad for Dole pineapple, so it’s ultimately from Dole!!! Enjoy!!!